Microsoft Visual Studio Project configuration for Teamcenter Unified ITK
Visual studio is one of the widely used IDE for software development. So, in Teamcenter ITK development also we use this IDE. Apart from visual studio dependency files (.h, .dll, and .lib, etc), Teamcenter dependency files are also required for ITK development. Once visual studio is installed, it should be configured for Teamcenter ITK development.
Before configuring, create a project as below
In Visual studio Editor: Click on File–>New–>Project
Select Win32 Console Application. Input the solution name and project name
DLL: Select DLL radio button and select “Empty project” in Additional options
EXE: Select “Console application” and select “Empty project” in Additional options.
Create a new .cpp file or add existing .cpp file under “Source File” folder in the project.
Set the below variables in the properties page (Right click–>Properties) of the project:
- Additional Library Directory–>lib directory path of the Teamcenter installation location
- Enable Incremental Linking–>No
3. Configuration Type–>DLL/EXE (as needed)
4. Environment–>set TC_ROOT and TC_DATA path and call tc_profilevars.bat
5. Additional Include Directory–>$(TC_ROOT)\include and $(TC_ROOT)\include_cpp
7. Preprocessor Definitions–>IPLIB=none
8. Runtime Library–>Multi-threaded DLL
9. Additional Dependencies–> $(TC_ROOT)\lib\*.lib
10. Additional Library Directories–> $(TC_ROOT)\lib
11. Generate Debug Info–> Yes
12. SubSystem–> Console
We will more post on PLM TUTORIAL–>Teamcenter Customization in upcoming days.