Teamcenter workflow basics
What is Workflow?
It is the automation of a business process in which information or tasks are passed among the authorized users of the organization in a way that is controlled by set of business rules or procedures.
Teamcenter Workflow: It allows the organization to manage their product data is an efficient way.
What is Workflow Designer?
It is a perspective of teamcenter rich client which facilitates the user to create or modify a workflow template. Below are the basic activities which can be performed in Workflow Designer:
- Create templates.
- View templates.
- Add tasks to templates.
- Link tasks.
- Modify task behavior.
- Import and export workflow templates.
What is Workflow Template?
It is blueprint of a workflow which consists of different kinds of tasks for example: Do Task, Review Task, Acknowledge Task, System Task etc.
Volume and Database Management Utilities.
What is different type of tasks in workflow?
Below are the task types used in creating a workflow template:
- Do task–> It is a task used to perform an interactive task in a workflow instance. User has to perform the required activity on the data objects and then complete the task. It has two output options
Complete: when the confirms the completion of a task and triggers the branching to the success path.
Unable to Complete: It indicates the task is unable to complete the for some reason.
- Review task–> It is a task used to perform a review task in a workflow instance. User has to review the data objects or tasks completed by some other users and confirm that it is correct. It has two sub-tasks inside it.
Select Signoff task: used to select the signoff user who has to approve the task
List of values(LOV) in Teamcenter
Perform Signoff task: used to perform the signoff the review task
- Condition task–> It is a task used to branch the workflow based on the output of a defined query. It has two output options “true” and “false”.
- Validate task–> It is a task used to branch the workflow based on the pre-validation of the attribute values of the data objects. Its main purpose is to handle workflow errors.
- Acknowledge task–> It is a task used to acknowledge the certain state of the workflow or the status of the data objects. It has “Acknowledge” and “Not Acknowledge” sub-tasks.
- System task–> It is a task used to perform a non-interactive task. Is can be used as a starting point to create a custom task.
- Or task–> It is a task used to branch the workflow when any of its predecessor tasks are completed.
We will more post on PLM Tutorial–>Teamcenter in upcoming days.
Kindly provide your valuable comment on below Comment section and also have you any question kindly ask to a ASK QUESTION in FORUM . OurTeam will try to provide the best workaround.
Kindly subscribe your Email-Id at (https://globalplm.com/) and drop any suggestion/queries to (email@example.com).
5 thoughts on “Teamcenter workflow basics”
All the information is available in PDF.
Can you add some screen shot with example workflow ?
Thanks for this.
Explanation with examples is more useful